I have been very busy and a last minute trip to Tampa this weekend has made me neglectful of A Curated Lifestyle. Tomorrow I will be in a tax seminar all day, but I have invited friends over for dinner. I am excited to have a big dining table so I have been hosting meals at my house regularly. My plan for dinner tomorrow is this: individual turkey meatloaf, smashed potatoes, asparagus with lemon, and green onion biscuits. I chose this menu because:
1. Time - Since it is a weeknight meal I needed something quick, hence the individual meatloaf that take less time to cook and smashed instead of mashed potatoes.
2. Time - Everything is combine and cook, no messing around with adding ingredients later or adjusting temperature midway through.
3. Time - I can make the meatloaf the night before, cover and bake when I get home before the party. I can mix the biscuit ingredients tonight and bake tomorrow (the recipe calls for rolling them out and using a biscuit cutter - I am going to just drop a spoonful of the batter on the sheet and bake)
4. Cost - This is a simple and classic menu, there are not a lot of ingredients required and they are inexpensive.
5. Simplicity - I have made everything before, so I know the steps and know there aren't any surprises in the recipes.
6. TASTE - For a wide variety of palates of friends that I have not cooked for before, this is a meal that few would find fault with. These dishes taste great and will please everyone.